How To Create A Home Office In A Small Apartment In Indianapolis
Remote work is the new normal for many employees, whether you occupy a multi-bedroom house or a one-bedroom apartment. If you find yourself in the latter, you won’t enjoy the advantage of an additional bedroom to use as your home office, but you are still able to fashion a suitable place to work. Check out these easy recommendations and see how to make a home office in a small apartment in Indianapolis.
Small Apartment Home Office Ideas In Indianapolis
- Choose a suitable desk. Choosing a desk of an appropriate size to accommodate your area is vital. If you use a laptop, the desk only has to be approximately 20 inches deep. The surface is ideally about 28 inches off the floor and could be as wide as you can fit. Make sure you have room for a second monitor. You'll be glad you have one when you have PDFs up, a video meeting going, and various other windows open. Really tight on square footage? Choose a two-tier folding desk you can hide away when it’s not in use.
- Where should your desk go? If you can tuck your desk into a corner, great! But you may have to get more creative when positioning. A slim desk might be placed directly behind a sofa. You could use a small rug and table lamp to designate the space as your office. An unused wall within your room will also work. Place some art or keep some plants on your desk so you aren’t staring at a blank wall for hours at a time.
- Let your desk play multiple roles. If you’re limited on space, use your desk for more than one function. Put it adjacent to your bed and use it as a nightstand. Or go without a desk completely and work from your bartop or dining room table.
- Use floating shelves. These additions work perfectly when your desk sits against a wall. You’ll have more room for whatever you need and can easily coordinate shelving into your room’s particular aesthetic.
Need To Mix Things Up? Consider Your Apartment’s Clubhouse Or A Standing Desk
Interested in another option in your own space? Implement a small standing desk to alter your perspective and improve focus. An affordable adjustable laptop stand may help get your workstation at the proper height.
Here are a few extra space-saving ideas you can integrate into your small apartment home office in Indianapolis:
- Folders you can hang on the wall
- Small printer stand that will fit beneath your desk
- Small storage compartments that can stick to the your monitor’s lower edge
- Noise-limiting headphones for loud roommates and kids
Fashion Your Home Office In Your New Apartment At Block 20
Your home office will look marvelous in your new apartment at Block 20. We have many different available floor plans to fit your living and working needs. Request a tour of our Indianapolis community or reach out to us at 463-777-2762 if you need more information.