When you’re searching for a new home, you’ll discover different types of apartment buildings in Indianapolis. Almost all can be placed into three classifications: low-rise, mid-rise, and high-rise. But which type of property is better for you? Understanding the advantages and disadvantages of each option will help you figure out what type of apartment you wish to call home.
The Benefits And Drawbacks Of High-rise Apartment Buildings
High-rise apartment buildings typically feature at least ten stories. You’ll find them in downtown areas where their height lets them accommodate a fair number of people within a modest plot of land. Those who enjoy occupying high-rise apartments like them because:
- High-rise buildings offer amazing views of Indianapolis.
- Convenient locations in the middle of the city within walking distance shops, various eateries, and nightlife. A great deal of high-rises even boast stores or restaurants on their ground floor.
- They may lessen your travel time if you have a job or attend school downtown.
- High-rise buildings use elevators, so you never have to take the stairs.
- When living in a high-rise, all of your neighbors reside in the same place. This may provide a greater impression of community as you converse in the hallways or on the elevator. You could also get the attention of an attendant or concierge.
Even with its many benefits, habitating in a high-rise isn’t for all people. Coming home to an urban high-rise is entertaining and exciting for many, but you probably won’t like it if you crave space and solitude. Heading out to work or school may also take a few more minutes when living in a tall building, and a city space may lack nearby parking spots. To conclude, high-rise units can be smaller to pack more residences into limited space.
The Benefits And Drawbacks Of Low-rise Apartment Buildings
When it comes to different types of apartment buildings in Indianapolis, low-rise or garden-style options are in sharp contrast tohigh-rises. They usually have no more than four levels and are found in suburban neighborhoods. You frequently see multiple low-rise buildings within one complex with an abundance of space around them.
What are the reasons why you should consider a low-rise option over other types of apartment buildings in Indianapolis?
- Low-rise properties feature more apartments on the first floor, providing simpler entry to and exit from the building.
- Low-rise apartments often boast more [parking spots for Residents and visitors.
- You’ll find extra exterior room to explore if you have a four-legged companion or a preference for grass and trees past your window instead of a busy downtown intersection.
- You’ll live in the more peaceful suburbia.
- You share common areas and hallways with not as many tenants and enjoy additional solitude.
Even so, not every tenant is looking for these advantages. If you prefer the buzz and entertainment of downtown lifestyles, a quiet suburban low-rise complex won’t fit your needs. Depending on where you go to school or work, you could be faced with an excessive commute from your low-rise unit too.
The Benefits And Drawbacks Of Mid-rise Apartment Buildings
Mid-rise apartment buildings feature five to nine levels. You’ll notice these structures in both urban and outlying areas, so they combine the advantages of other types of apartment buildings in Indianapolis:
- If you find a mid-rise apartment in the suburbs, you’ll benefit from a quiet community and natural environs mixed with the fellowship of living in a taller building.
- When choosing a mid-rise apartment in the urban area of Indianapolis, you won’t encounter as many neighbors as a high-rise but you may still enjoy the thrill of city living.
Still Not Sure Which Apartment Building You Prefer? Take A Tour Of Lovely Block 20
At Block 20, we combine a beautiful property with a desirable area to give you a wonderful place to live. Call 317-218-1630 or arrange a tour to explore our spacious apartments and sought-after amenities for yourself.