The Apartment Cleaning Checklist For Indianapolis
Whether it’s time for spring cleaning or your Indianapolis apartment simply looks grimy, a thorough cleaning will get it neat and tidy again. It’s not difficult to get frustrated when trying to do more than you should at once. In an attempt to make cleaning your unit less stressful, we’ve created an apartment cleaning checklist for Indianapolis tenants.
Your Indianapolis Apartment Cleaning Checklist For Every Room
Do these chores in each area of your apartment before addressing specific rooms to optimize your time. Use this apartment cleaning checklist for Indianapolis to keep yourself organized.
- Throw away clutter.
- Dust ceilings and any decorative trim.
- Dust places where dust settles like the top of door frames.
- Wipe off your apartment’s walls and baseboards to remove smudges and stains.
- Get the dirt and dust off your windows with glass cleaner and a cloth.
- Wash or dust window products like blinds, shades, and curtains.
- Clean doorknobs and high-touch areas with a Clorox wipe.
- Use a mop or vacuum on floors and treat any stains or blemishes.
- Dust the slats and any hard-to-reach spots of your apartment’s ceiling fans.
- Haul trash to the dumpster.
Living Room Cleaning Checklist
- Freshen up furniture with a vacuum and spot cleaning. Use a hair removal tool if you have pets.
- Dust all places where dust settles like table tops and entertainment centers.
- Wipe down electronics safely with a microfiber cloth.
- Shine up furniture by polishing.
- Sanitize remote controls.
- Be sure that remotes, coasters, and other needed accessories are situated in an easy-to-find area.
Cleaning Checklist for the Dining Room
- Wipe crumbs from tabletops and seats and address any tacky places.
- Wipe off chair legs and backs.
- Give wood tables a good poslishing or use glass-cleaning product on glass surfaces.
- Go with a feather duster to address display shelves with glassware or other breakables.
Apartment Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
- Give the cabinets a wipe with soapy water on a cloth and quickly follow behind with a another clean cloth].
- Wipe down counters with a cleaning product suitable for your specific material or simply use white vinegar.
- Wash out the sink with a mixture of baking soda and a bit of water. Some baking soda in the garbage disposal will aid in removing odors. Follow it with water after about 10 minutes.
- Run a hot water cycle on the dishwasher with a bowl of vinegar inside. Wipe out inside and out with a clean cloth.
- Get a cup of water boiling in the microwave to let the dampened air loosen up burned-on food debris. Remove any mess with a dampened cloth or sponge.
- Wash stove burner parts in a sink. Spray the stovetop and oven door with a cleaner or an equal mixture of vinegar and water and remove remaining stains and food debris.
- Abide by the oven’s self-cleaning instructions or you can utilize a water and baking soda paste to clean it out.
- Utilize a a little dish soap or simply spray a water and vinegar mix to clean the fridge inside and out; then wipe away whatever’s left with a damp cloth. Once done, move the fridge and get the floor below with a broom.
Cleaning Checklists For Bathrooms
- Wipe off your mirror above the sink with an appropriate cleaning product and a clean rag.
- Wipe down counters with the right product for your material or a solution of water and vinegar on a cloth.
- Gently wipe cabinetry with some soap and water followed a damp cloth.
- Give the toilet a quick brush.
- Clean off the toilet with a disinfecting product or vinegar mix.
- Tackle the shower and bathtub with an all-purpose cleaner or vinegar.
Bedroom Cleaning Checklist for Indianapolis
- Straighten up or rearrange your closet.
- Dust any shelves, desks or other surfaces.
- Change and wash the sheets.
- Pick up clothing items from the floor and throw them in the hamper or laundry basket.
- Utilize a vacuum attachment to dust under the bed.
Find A Spacious Apartment At Block 20
A clean place to live is great, but sometimes you would be better off with a new apartment instead. Check out the roomy, well-appointed apartments at Block 20. Reach out to our leasing specialists at 463-777-2762 or arrange a tour to get started.